NEXT DAY CONSTRUCTION & ROOFING
Grand Rapids Michigan
Replacing a roof is one of the costliest upgrade enhancements a homeowner/business owner can make. Contractors in different regions charge different rates for roof replacement. There are a great number of element factors that enhance the decision-making process for selecting your roofing contractor, such as reputation, license and insurance. nevertheless, the scope of work, roof materials used, bid details and cost to complete the roofing project are ultimately at last the most important factors.
You ask yourself so, how does a roofing company price a new roof? Below are the top component factors that will affect the price of your new roof estimate:
- Roof size- The roofing company will take a precise roofing measurement based on square footage and then divide this number by 100, giving them what is called a roofing square. One roofing square equals 100 square feet.
- Roof pitch or slope- The roof’s pitch is a key factor in determining the roofs cost for two reasons. First, a very steep roof, typically recognized as anything that’s more than 6:12 pitch, is generally considered not walkable and requires greater performance, safety and labor to complete the roof properly. Second, depending on the type of roof being installed and the required fire rating, roof pitch determines the type of required underlayment system and this plays a very dominant role in appraising a roofing job properly.
- The type of roof being removed and the number of layers- roof tear-offs are determined by the amount of time it takes to remove the labor and the rubbish charges to dispose of the old roofing material, which is typically determined by the weight of the material.
- Type of new roofing material- There are sizeable variations between types of roofing materials. The price of the roofing product being used plays a direct role in the aesthetic design, weight, durability and ultimate longevity of the new roofing system.
- Roofing system components - The type of underlayment and decking materials used, the ventilation and insulation installed and even the types of fasteners applied all carry a different level of performance, longevity, manufacturing cost, and that being so the price.
- Contractor roof access- access to the roof is a critical aspect in the overall pricing of the job. Difficult access means additional equipment and labor are necessary to tear off the roof, load the roofing materials, stage the roof and complete the roof system.
Next Day Construction & Roofing has provided quality roofing and other contracting services to clients in Michigan since 2010. With years of roofing experience and thousands of satisfied customers, they can provide you with the right roofing solutions at competitive prices. With their 24-hour answering service, they are here to help keep your family protected from the elements at any time. Begin your next project with Next Day Construction & Roofing with a FREE estimate. Ask about their Next Day Guarantee on our services!