NEXT DAY CONSTRUCTION & ROOFING
Grand Rapids Michigan
Siding on your house plays an immense role in how it looks. Your siding gives newcomers their first impression of your home and has a remarkable impact on its curb appeal—which is especially important if you’re trying to sell. To someone unfamiliar with siding and its purpose, siding is the overall makeup of your house. There are many types of siding available:
- Vinyl- it’s reasonably priced but still serves its purpose However, vinyl siding isn’t very durable, and is prone to inclement weather—it will also need to be replaced and maintained somewhat frequently compared to other types.
- Wood- Wood is the most popular because it last up to 100yrs.
- Fiber-Cement- more expensive than vinyl siding, but it’s far more durable and does a better job of protecting your house. It’s guaranteed for 50 years or more.
- Brick and stone - highly durable, and can last nearly forever
The question most homeowners are wanting to ask is when is it time to get my siding replaced? First you need to ask yourself, how old is your homes siding? Do you know? Ultimately, more important than knowing the age of your siding is being able to spot the signs that it’s due for a replacement. Below is a list of signs your siding needs to be replaced now:
- High energy bills- Poorly performing siding and low-grade wall insulation can be a prime cause for excess heating and cooling bills.
- The home needs a Frequent paint job- If your home needs a paint job once every 5 to 6 years then there is something wrong with the siding.
- Rotting or warping- If the layer under a home’s siding has begun to rot or become soft, that is a sure sign that the home’s siding is due for immediate replacement.
- Cracked or loose siding- If large sections of the siding show signs of cracking, or if large numbers of siding pieces are loose, this can indicate severe problems that may require professional services.
- Fungus mold or mildew- Any type of growth such as fungus, mold, or mildew on a home’s siding, especially at or near seams in the siding, may indicate that water is penetrating it and being held inside the wall, where it is slowly released once again, causing unwanted growth.
- Bubbles in the siding- Any indication of water trapped on or under the siding is an immediate red flag. The one thing that siding is meant to do is to keep moisture away from the walls under the siding.
- Dry rot- Dry rot begins below the surface of the siding and eats away the main body of the siding, basically leaving just the top layer of the siding intact.
- Severely faded siding- If siding is so old that the color has faded, then that should tell the homeowner that the effective waterproofing of the siding may have also run its course.
If you’ve concluded that it’s time to replace your siding. Next Day Construction & Roofing can provide your home's exterior with a variation of materials and colors for superior protection and added value. Ask them about their Next Day Way Guarantee, Experienced Residential siding professionals, Full installation and repairs, Complete tear offs of old siding, Different materials and colors available, New construction and remodel projects and their post-work clean up services. Hiring professional siding contractor is going to save you a significant amount of money and time in tools and equipment alone. Forget having to go to the store 5 TO 10 times to make sure that you finally get the right part or product you need to get the job done. Next Day Construction & Roofing has seen the home and knows what needs to be done they always bring all the right tools and equipment with them.