NEXT DAY CONSTRUCTION & ROOFING
Grand Rapids Michigan
Many people believe that insulation is designated to keep your house toasty during the winter, but it is actually the most beneficial during the days to keep a home cool during the summer months. What most people don’t know is insulation keep the cooler air inside the home and the hot, humid air outside. If your house is properly insulated, your air conditioner will not have to work harder to keep the house cool because none of the cool air will be escaping and the hot, humid air will not be flowing into the house. Insulation is crucial for temperature control in the home. When you have the proper insulation in the space, you are going to have a more energy efficient home that is comfortable all year long.
Types of insulation:
- Spray Foam Insulation- This type of insulation is done by spraying foam in specific locations by spray holders. Spray foam insulation is best for fresh wall spaces, an unfinished attic, and even existing walls.
- Fiberglass Insulation- this is the main type of insulation, used by homeowners. Fiberglass insulation can be done between joists, beams, and studs. During this installation process, you should stay away from the location since it can have negative effects on your lungs and skin.
- Mineral Wool Insulation- This material arrives in the form of loose fills and is poured from bags on the specified location.
- Cellulose insulation is an organic and environmentally friendly option. Composed of recycled paper, it arrives in loose fills. The material effectively protects your home from moisture, heat, and pests.
- Loose Fill or Blown in Insulation- The most common type of insulation, can be blown into a wall cavity or space with the help of equipment designed for this purpose.
- Ridged Foam Board Insulation- Usually used in commercial building, and is installed in new construction projects, mainly over unfinished walls and unvented roofs.
- Reflective Insulation- reflective insulation is good for attic ceilings under the roof. It works by reflecting sunlight and by not absorbing it.
When choosing the type of insulation for your home, it's important for you to know the R-value. This is the measure of resistance to heat flow. Insulators with higher R-value are ideal for minimizing energy consumption.
For most homes, insulation is a practical and cost –effective way to achieve optimal energy efficiency while creating a cozy environment. One of the main reasons hiring an insulation installer is productivity and skillfulness. A professional is capable of completing highly technical advanced work with a more likely outcome of a victorious job completed. No amount of formal training can make up for hands-on experience in the field. They can also get the project done quickly and efficiently to keep costs as low as possible.